CLIENT: Ancol Pet Products
CONTRACT PERIOD: 5 months (in stages)
PROJECT VALUE: £85,000
The works to Ancol Pet Products were performed in stages and included a major overhaul to the existing electrical systems and replacement of the lighting to the production area warehouses.
The premises had 14 x distribution boards located at different locations that were fed from 1950’s busbar systems that had been poorly maintained and lacked integrity. Braviner Electrical Ltd. replaced the isolators & busbars with a main panel board and installed 3 x sub-panel boards at various locations through out the premises to feed the existing distribution boards. In total 120m cable ladder and 180m of cable tray were installed for containment. All works were performed whilst still keeping the premises operational with temporary busbar chambers and an onsite generator where necessary. We liased with Western Power throughout the works to have the cut-out and tails upgraded at the same time.
The lighting to x2 storage warehouses were upgraded from poorly performing Sodium Hi-bay units to British made Fitzgerald 8ft LED luminaires that are controlled from x2 dedicated control panels that take into account ambient lighting levels and timers to control independent isle twin occupancy sensors. The whole system has a key override in case of relay failure or operation requirement outside of the timer controlled hours.
The lighting to the production was upgraded from 1200x600mm fluorescent CATII suspended ceiling luminaires to 600x600mm Ansell Infinite LED panel lights. This involved installing x90 units and making good the suspended ceiling as we worked. Significant lighting level and cost saving improvements were made.
- To carefully consider all aspects of health & safety in regards to Ancol personnel and the public whilst works were taking place. Full risk assessments and method statements were issued throughout the duration of the works as well as regular safety meetings with the directors.
- To replace the dated electrical distribution equipment with a 630a Schneider main panel board and x3 400a sub panel boards located at various location through out the premises.
- Complete all major works with minimal loss of electrical supply.
- Installation of 120m cable ladder and 180m cable tray above a suspended ceiling void.
- Liaise with Western Power to upgrade the incoming supplies.
- Reinstate generator back up supplies and PV systems.
- Replace the production lighting with 90x LED panel luminaries.
- Overhaul the warehouse lighting with LED isle lights controlled via occupancy sensors, daylight overside sensors, timer overrides and manual overrides.